Cohen Highley’s Residential Tenancies team has more than 18 years of experience in providing legal services exclusively to residential landlords. Our legal services include “Paralegal Services” in connection with standard evictions and other proceedings before the Landlord and Tenant Board and collections in Small Claims Court.
Paralegal Services We can help you with:
- Arrears/eviction Applications;
- Attendances at the Landlord and Tenant Board to adjourn matters, obtain consent orders and conduct hearings;
- Attendance at mediations at the Landlord and Tenant Board;
- General consulting advice;
- Enforcement of Eviction Orders;
- Enforcement of Rent Arrears Orders;
- Notices and Applications in connection with noise/disturbance issues; impaired safety;
- Property damage; demolition; etc.
- Obtaining and reporting on Eviction Orders and Arrears Judgments;
- Small Claims Court Advocacy and Collections including garnishments.
All services are provided by our team of licensed Paralegals (link to paralegals page) under the general supervision of Joe Hoffer (link to Joe Hoffer). We are able to maintain competitive pricing with other paralegals because Paul, Emma, Shannon, Rachel, Gail and Lindsay are not lawyers; however, they are experienced in Residential Tenancies proceedings before the Board and Small Claims Court. Backed by the legal resources of Cohen Highley, Paul, Emma, Shannon, Rachel, Gail, Lindsay and Alex are able to provide prompt service and effective advocacy for landlords. Paul, Emma, Shannon Rachel, Gail, Lindsay and Alex are experienced paralegals who will continue our commitment to residential landlords.