Christian practises in the areas of commercial litigation and insolvency law, including contractual disputes, partner and shareholder disputes, construction lien actions, commercial tenancy matters, and disputes concerning the purchase and sale of land. He has also represented both employers and employees in matters of employment law. Christian has appeared on behalf of clients before the Ontario Court of Justice and the Superior Court of Justice.
While in law school, Christian represented Western Law at the Laskin Moot, a national advocacy competition in Administrative and Constitutional Law, where he was ranked as a top oralist.
Originally from Toronto, Christian joined Cohen Highley in 2011.
Areas of Expertise
Education & ExperienceChristian obtained his Bachelor of Science from the University of Toronto in 2003 and completed his Bachelor of Laws through Western University in 2006. Christian has practised exclusively in the field of commercial litigation since his call to the Ontario Bar in 2007.
Memberships & Affiliations
- The Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Middlesex Law Association
- Kent Law Association
- Past member of the Board of Directors of the London/Middlesex Chapter of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
In the Media
- Video cameras in the workplace
- Are employers required to give employees time off work to vote in an election?
- Restrictions of Cannabis use in the workplace
- Termination of Employment - Factors to Consider
- Mistakes Employers Make When Terminating Employees
- Employment Contract Considerations
- Employment Termination
- Risks Associated with having Multiple Owners on the Title
- Employees Responsibilities After Termination
- Owners Responsibilities in Bank