Laura M. Glithero
Legal Assistant: Tracey Baker (email@example.com, ext. 339)
Laura has extensive experience in condominium law and acts for many property managers and condominium corporations in and around the region. Laura also practices in the area of administrative law including landlord and tenant, expropriation, regulatory compliance matters, realty tax assessment appeals and land use planning matters. She has substantial experience in negotiating with counsel to combine a practical and rewarding solution for all parties.
Called to the bar in 2010, Laura is partner with Cohen Highley LLP. She was awarded Business London’s Top 20 Under 40 award for 2015. In the community, Laura is actively involved in many volunteer organizations including as a Board member for the Canadian Condominium Institute (London Chapter), Community Living London, and Homes Unlimited (London) Inc.
As part of her practice, Laura provides practical advice to businesses about implementing the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Laura is also the current Chair of the AODA Employment Standard Review Committee and was a member of the Partnership Council on Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities.
Laura regularly speaks at property management conferences and has addressed the following organizations: Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI), London Property Management Association (LPMA), Waterloo Regional Apartment Management Association (WRAMA) and the Ontario Bar Association (OBA).
Born and raised in Strathroy, Ontario, Laura is the proud mother to a beautiful daughter.
Areas of Expertise
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member of the Province of Ontario’s Partnership Council on Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities
- Board Member of Homes Unlimited (London) Inc
- Placement Supervisor for Brescia University College’s Leadership Practicum
- Committee member for Community Living London's "Night of Heroes" Fashion Show and Silent Auction
- Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Condominium Institute
- Federation of Rental Housing Providers of Ontario
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- London Property Management Association
- Middlesex Law Association
- Ontario Expropriation Association
- Ontario Retirement Communities Association
- Kent Law Association
Awards & Recognition
- 2015 Business London – 20 Under 40
- AODA Reporting Requirements
- Rent Control Bulletin: Licensing of Property Managers and Condo Management Providers
- New rules around condo board oversight
- Rent Control Bulletin: Potentially Invalid Notices of Rent Reductions
- Proposed Condominium Fees
- Family loses fight for autistic son to have service dog in class
- Termination of Management Contracts
- Important Changes to Review and Appeal Deadlines
- Giving Proper Notice of Owners' Meetings
- If Disaster Strikes, are you Prepared?