Laura M. Gurr (Glithero)
Legal Assistant: Tracey Baker (email@example.com, ext. 339)
Laura has extensive experience in condominium law and acts for many property managers and condominium corporations in and around the region. Laura also practices in the area of administrative law including property tax appeals and exemption applications, expropriations, landlord and tenant matters, and regulatory compliance issues. She has substantial experience in negotiating with counsel to combine a practical and rewarding solution for all parties.
Laura has been a Board member of Canadian Condominium Institute (London Chapter) since 2014 and has written for or been cited in the following publications:
- CCI Review
- Rental Housing Business
- CM Magazine
- Law Times
- The Lawyers Daily
- London Free Press
- Kitchener Post
Called to the bar in 2010, Laura is a partner with Cohen Highley LLP and is a member of its management team. She was a recipient of Business London’s Top 20 Under 40 award in 2015. In the community, Laura is actively involved in many volunteer organizations including as a Board member for the Canadian Condominium Institute (London Chapter), Homes Unlimited (London) Inc., and The Advocates Society 10+ Standing Committee.
As part of her practice, Laura provides practical advice to businesses about implementing the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Laura is also the current Chair of the AODA Employment Standard Review Committee and was a member of the Partnership Council on Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities.
Born and raised in Strathroy, Ontario, Laura lives with her partner and their four children in London.
Areas of Expertise
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board member of Canadian Condominium Institute (London Chapter)
- Board member of Homes Unlimited (London) Inc.
- Committee member for Community Living London's "Night of Heroes" Fashion Show and Silent Auction
- Committee member for The Advocates Society, 10+ Standing Committee
- Canadian Condominium Institute, Middlesex and Grand River Chapters
- Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario
- Federation of Rental Housing Providers of Ontario
- London Property Management Association
- Ontario Expropriation Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Middlesex Law Association
- Kent Law Association
Awards & Recognition
- 2015 Business London – 20 Under 40
- Former Member of the Province of Ontario’s Partnership Council on Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities
- Former Chair of the AODA Employment Standard Review Committee
- What Steps Should a Condo Corporation Take Before Enforcing the Rules Against a Tenant?
- COVID-19: Initial Re-Opening and Workplace Safety
- AGM's During the COVID-19 Crisis
- COVID-19 and Condominiums
- Emergency Preparedness: Potential Pandemics in Multi- Residential Housing
- Smoking Ban Upheld in Quebec
- Does My Rental Unit Need to be Registered with the CAO
- Municipal Election
- AODA Reporting Requirements
- Rent Control Bulletin: Licensing of Property Managers and Condo Management Providers