Since her call to the Bar in 2009, Stephanie has spent her legal career working with condominium corporations, property managers and unit owners, assisting them with day-to-day condominium governance matters. Stephanie focuses on guiding her clients through disputes in a manner that promotes and fosters positive condominium communities. Along with condominium management and litigation, Stephanie practices in the areas of condominium development, residential and commercial real estate, and commercial litigation. Stephanie has represented clients in mediation and arbitration matters and has litigated in Superior Court and Divisional Court. She has also represented clients at Small Claims Court and administrative tribunals, including the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the License Appeal Tribunal and the Landlord and Tenant Board.
Stephanie is an associate lawyer at the Kitchener office of Cohen Highley LLP. She is an active volunteer, sitting on the Boards of the Guelph Humane Society, the University of Guelph’s Research Ethics Board-NPES, and Dunara Homes for Recovery, where she has been the president of the Board since 2013. Stephanie is also a proud member of the Zonta Club of Guelph, where she is currently president as well as Co-Chair of the Golf Committee. Stephanie volunteers as a foster parent for the Guelph Humane Society and All Creatures Rescue.
An active member of the condominium community in Ontario, Stephanie is involved in the Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI) Golden Horseshoe, Grand River, and London chapters, and sits on various CCI committees as well as the Golden Horseshoe Board. She is a frequent speaker at CCI conferences, courses, and seminars and contributes articles to condominium publications including Condo News. Stephanie obtained her ACCI (Associate of the Canadian Condominium Institute) designation in 2015.
In her spare time, Stephanie enjoys spending time with her family and friends, including her partner and her step-son and their many animals (especially their dogs, Leia and Vada!).
Areas of Expertise
Memberships & Affiliations
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Condominium Institute, Golden Horseshoe Chapter – Board Member, Co-Chair of Conference Committee, Member of Professional Partners Committee, and Chapter Member
- Canadian Condominium Institute, Grand River Chapter – Member of Education Committee, Chapter Member
- Canadian Condominium Institute, London and Area – Chapter Member
- Dunara Homes for Recovery – Board Member and President
- Guelph Humane Society – Board Member, Chair of Community Engagement Committee
- University of Guelph Research Ethics Board-NPES – Board Member