- Ontario Bar Association
- Middlesex Law Association
AboutBen practises in commercial litigation, including insolvency, secured transactions, Internet law, fraud recovery and investigation, contractual disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes, real estate litigation, creditor remedies, debt recovery, estate litigation, commercial tenancy matters and defamation (particularly online defamation). Drawing on experience from his prior career, Ben now writes and presents on the principles of eDiscovery.
Ben has argued before various levels of court, up to and including the Court of Appeal for Ontario.
While a student at Western University, Ben was awarded the Dickson CJC medal as top oralist at the Gale Cup Moot. He was co-Director of the Dispute Resolution Centre at Western University’s Community Legal Services and holds certificates in mediation and negotiation. During his articles, Ben sat on the Student Division Executive of the Ontario Bar Association as the Articling Ambassador for Southwestern Ontario.
Education & ExperienceBen graduated with distinction from King's College at Western University with a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy in 1999 and graduated with his LL.B. from Western University. Prior to commencing his legal career, Ben spent 10 years working in the information technology sector.
In the CommunityLondon Lawyers Feed the Hungry
Director, Canadian Signassure Users Group, 2005-2009
Banting House Advisory Committee
- Commercial Landlords: Managing the Risk of an Insolvent Tenant
- Summary Judgment in Multi-Defendant Proceedings (a case comment on Canaccord Genuity Corp. v. Pilot, 2015 ONCA 716)
- What is “material prejudice” to a creditor in a bankruptcy?
- An Overview of Civil Litigation in Ontario
- Mortgagors Beware - Inflated Interest on Default May Offend the Interest Act
- Condominium Construction Deficiencies and the Tarion Process
- That Debt is Statute-Barred: Not So Fast