Areas of Practice
AboutIain is a Partner at Cohen Highley and head of the family law department. He is designated as a Certified Specialist in Family Law by the Law Society of Ontario.
With over 25 years of experience as a practicing lawyer, Iain has extensive experience, including at the Ontario Court of Appeal. While he has extensive and considerable success in court, many of his cases are resolved without resorting to court or extensive legal involvement.
He has been counsel on numerous reported case decisions and he has instructed at Western University law school, and presented on various legal topics at numerous conferences and seminars.
In addition to providing legal advice and attending Court on behalf of clients, Iain is also a trained mediator for family law issues.
Education & ExperienceIain obtained a combined Honours B.A. in English and History from Western University in 1989. He completed his LL.B. at the University of Manitoba in 1994.
- Ask a Lawyer August 1, 2023 (part 2)
- Ask a Lawyer August 1, 2023 (part 1)
- Ask a Lawyer July 13, 2023 (part 2)
- Ask a Lawyer July 13, 2023 (part 1)
- Ask a Lawyer July 4, 2023 (part 2)
- Ask a Lawyer July 4, 2023 (part 1)
- Ask a Lawyer- June 2023 FM96
- How do separated spouses equalize net family property in Ontario?
- A Guide to Domestic Contracts