- Mensa Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Pension Benefit Institute
- Middlesex Family Law Association
- Ontario Bar Association
AboutIain is a Partner at Cohen Highley and head of the family law department. He is designated as a Certified Specialist in Family Law by the Law Society of Ontario.
With over two decades of experience as a practicing lawyer, Iain has extensive experience, including at the Ontario Court of Appeal. While he has extensive and considerable success in court, many of his cases are resolved without resorting to court or extensive legal involvement.
He has been counsel on numerous reported case decisions and he has instructed at Western University law school, and presented on various legal topics at numerous conferences and seminars.
In addition to providing legal advice and attending Court on behalf of clients, Iain is also a trained mediator for family law issues.
Education & ExperienceIain obtained a combined Honours B.A. in English and History from Western University in 1989. He completed his LL.B. at the University of Manitoba in 1994.
- How Does Child Support Work in Ontario?
- How do separated spouses equalize net family property in Ontario?
- Who Gets The Pets During A Divorce in Ontario?
- The difference between separation and divorce
- How Does Spousal Support Work in Ontario?
- A Guide to Domestic Contracts
- Ask a Lawyer with Iain Sneddon
- 5 Realities of Spousal Support
- Protecting your Custodial Rights