Agricultural / Farming Law
Lawyers at Cohen Highley provide comprehensive, strategic legal advice and representation regarding a wide range of farm regulation issues.
Cohen Highley’s Regulatory Affairs Group provides legal representation and advice to farmers, landowner associations, interest groups and industry with respect to regulatory issues affecting farmers, the operation of their businesses and the marketing of agricultural commodities. This includes issues such as:
- Municipal caps on intensive agriculture;
- Minimum distance separation compliance;
- Normal farm practice;
- Surface and groundwater manure contamination;
- Building permit appeals;
- Municipal drains;
- Municipal tax assessment appeals;
- Road salt contamination;
- Commodity marketing issues.
We can help you:
- Understand the complex legislation and regulations governing farm practices and the marketing of agricultural commodities;
- Comply with restrictions on agricultural expansion and intensive livestock operations;
- Restrain nuisances, odours, dust and contamination from neighbouring facilities.