Areas of Practice
AboutLaura is based out of our Kitchener, Ontario office and her practice focuses exclusively on family law. She assists clients with all matters related to family law including divorce, decision-making responsibility, parenting time, child support, spousal support and property division. Laura has advocated for clients at the Ontario Court of Justice, the Superior Court of Justice, as well as various administrative tribunals. Laura is a trained collaborative family law lawyer, who maintains both litigation clients as well as clients seeking to remain outside of the courtroom.
Education & ExperienceLaura received her Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Religious Studies and History from Queen’s University and her Juris Doctors from both the University of Windsor and the University of Detroit Mercy.
In the CommunityLaura volunteers as a reading buddy at the Kitchener Public Library.
Waterloo Region Record Readers Choice Platinum Award Winner Best Family Law Lawyer 2021
Outside InterestsOutside the firm, Laura enjoys all things fitness, travel, spending time with her dog, Harper, as well as her family and friends. As a former figure skater, she still enjoys jumping onto the ice from time to time.
In the Media
- Does child support end when the child turns 18 years old?
- If a divorcing or separating couple have a pet, how do the courts handle that?
- What is a conflict check?
- At what point are two people considered to be common law partners?
- If a common law relationship breaks down, are there equal property rights to the family home?