- The Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Middlesex Law Association
- Kent Law Association
- Past member of the Board of Directors of the London/Middlesex Chapter of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
Christian is a Partner in Cohen Highley’s Commercial Litigation Department, practicing mainly in the areas of Employment and Construction Law. Christian’s practice also includes contract disputes, intellectual property and passing off matters, commercial tenancy matters, and disputes concerning the purchase and sale of land.
Christian’s Employment Law practice includes advising both employers and employees with respect to the commencement and termination of employment, employment contracts, wrongful dismissal actions, and matters involving the Human Rights Code and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Christian has experience at all levels of the Ontario court system and regularly deals with tribunal matters, including the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario and the Ontario Labour Relations Board.
Originally from Toronto, Christian joined Cohen Highley in 2011.
Education & ExperienceChristian obtained his Bachelor of Science from the University of Toronto in 2003 and completed his Bachelor of Laws through Western University in 2006. Christian has practised exclusively in the field of commercial litigation since his call to the Ontario Bar in 2007.
In the Media
- Are employees obligated to give two weeks notice to their employer when they quit their job?
- How is a construction lien enforced?
- Who can register a construction lien?
- With COVID-19 vaccinations becoming available, what should employers consider when drafting a vaccination policy?
- What is the Canada Emergency Response Benefit?
- What are employer’s obligations to their employees during these uncertain Covid-19 times?
- Video cameras in the workplace
- Are employers required to give employees time off work to vote in an election?
- Restrictions of Cannabis use in the workplace
- Termination of Employment - Factors to Consider
- Mistakes Employers Make When Terminating Employees
- Employment Contract Considerations
- Employment Termination
- Risks Associated with having Multiple Owners on the Title
- Employees Responsibilities After Termination
- Owners Responsibilities in Bank
- Contract Disputes