- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Middlesex Law Association
- Federation of Rental Housing Providers of Ontario
- London Property Management Association
AboutKristin practices in our administrative law group. Her practice focuses on residential tenancies, human rights, condominium law and appellate advocacy. She works exclusively with housing providers and landlords with respect to all lease issues. Kristin appears before a number of boards and tribunals, including the Human Rights Tribunal and the Landlord and Tenant Board. As well, she has represented clients before all levels of Ontario courts.
Kristin regularly speaks at property management conferences and prepares and conducts human rights training courses to landlords and property managers. Kristin is certified to conduct workplace investigations pursuant to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), the Human Rights Code and company policies. In addition, she has addressed the following organizations: Canadian Condominium Institute, the London Property Management Association (LPMA), the Federation of Rental Housing Providers of Ontario (FRPO), the Institute of Housing Management, the Greater Toronto Apartment Association (GTAA), the Law Society of Ontario and the Paralegal Society of Ontario.
Education & ExperienceKristin holds an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Guelph (2004), a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Windsor (2007) and a Juris Doctor from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (2007). She was called to the Ontario Bar in 2008.
In the Community
- Committee Member of London Lawyers Feed the Hungry (2010 to present)
- Regular Presenter at London Property Management Association Meetings
- Committee Member of Courthouse Rocks (2009 to present)
- Ontario Pauses Residential Evictions Again
- Masks Required in Residential Apartment Buildings and Condominiums throughout Ontario
- Can a Property Owner Require Residents and Visitors to Wear Masks?
- Cannabis Legalization: One Year Later
- Positive Developments for Housing Providers on Reasonable Accommodations
- Landlord Pays for Tenants Breach
- Failing to Remove Shoes in Rental unit
- Harassment isn't part of the job!
- Do You Have a Policy and Complaint Mechanism for Addressing Unit Owner Allegations of Harassment and Discrimination?
- Rent Control Bulletin (September 2015)