Employment and Labour Law
Whether you’re an employer or an employee, in this world of increasingly complex employment relationships, it is crucial to provide clients with constructive and practical legal services as efficiently and cost effectively as possible.
- Client representation before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Divisional Court and Court of Appeal, the Ontario Ministry of Labour, the Ontario Labour Relations Board, and the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario;
- Advice and representation with regard to termination of employment;
- Interpretation and/or preparation of legal documents including offers of employment, employment contracts, severance agreements, collective agreements, human resource policies and notices of termination;
- Negotiation during contract discussions, contract renewals, termination of employment and severance packages, and collective bargaining situations;
- Advice and representation with regard to employment issues connected to the purchase and sale of a business;
- Advice and representation with regard to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
We understand litigation is not always the best solution. We encourage and facilitate the negotiation of fair resolutions whenever possible. Should attending court be necessary, we’ll be prepared and able to represent you in a professional and effective manner.
- Four Realities of Employee Resignation
- Six Key Realities of Employment Law
- Employment Standards Act
- Canada Labour Code
- Ontario Human Rights Commission
- Canadian Human Rights Commission
- Ontario Ministry of Labour
- Ontario Labour Relations Board
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
- Employers’ Toolkit: Making Ontario Workplaces Accessible to People With Disabilities