Non-Profit Housing Corporations
Non-profit housing co-operatives have been created by both the federal and provincial governments. Cohen Highley is well versed in both federal and provincial legal requirements. We understand that generally voluntary boards made up of members make the decisions with respect to, amongst other things, rent-geared to income subsidies, member and occupancy terminations, and enforcement of the collective rights of the non-profit housing co-operative corporations. Along with that responsibility, the Board must continue to live alongside their neighbours over whom they have made a decision.
We can assist by providing the following services:
- Applying before the Superior Court of Justice for, amongst other things, Writ of Possession;
- Providing legal guidance to coordinators and Boards of Directors;
- Representing the Board at members’ meetings;
- Drafting or amending by-laws and incorporation documents;
- Appealing property tax assessments; and
- Responding to Human Rights Complaints.
Whatever your specific needs are, we can provide you with quality services and effective representation.