Divorce LawyersRelationship Breakdown?
Providing Legal Services to Clients throughout Southwestern Ontario
Litigation is an option, but it's not the only one.
Contact the Cohen Highley Family Law Team for a consultation.
With Offices In London, Kitchener, Chatham, Sarnia, Stratford, Strathroy
Call Us Email Us
*Disclaimer: Please note a lawyer and client relationship is not established until a retainer agreement has been signed.
Situations vary, so should your options.
- Both parties are willing to work together to effect a mutually agreeable resolution.
- No courtroom time.
- Typically negotiation is the more expedient and least costly option.
- Ideal for low conflict situations.
- A more structured process.
- A neutral third party helps both parties reach a mutually agreeable settlement.
- Mediation is not binding unless both parties agree.
- A much less confrontational method of resolution.
- More formal than mediation, but still private.
- Involves testimony and questioning.
- A third party (often a retired judge or senior lawyer) will render a legally binding decision.
- Typically faster and less costly than litigation.
- A formal public process conducted in a courtroom, overseen by an appointed judge.
- Typically the most costly and time consuming option.
- The most adversarial option of resolution.
- Often litigation is the only option for high conflict cases.
Don't be overwhelmed, but do be preparedWe understand litigation is not always the best solution. We encourage and facilitate the negotiation of fair resolutions whenever possible.
Your needs and the needs of your children are of paramount importance to our team.
- Separation agreements, Divorce, Property Division
- Spousal and Child Support, Variations of Support
- Custody and Access, Children's Aid Society Issues
- Adoption, Domestic Agreements, Mediation